50 Family Fun Indoor Activities for Kids in Calgary | Arcadia Adventures
Looking for something to do on weekends? Here are 50 of the best fun indoor family activities for both families and kids in Calgary! - Updated Feb 2017
Items 1 to 25
- Aerospace Museum – This museum has one of Canada’s most extensive collections of aircraft, helicopters and aero engines. Location: 4629 McCall Way NE.
- Arcadia Adventures – The most challenging and fun event you’ll have this year. Escape rooms offer entertainment for the whole family. Location: 6012 3rd St SW.
- Bricks 4 kidz – Designed and created by teachers, architects and engineering professionals, the hands-on curriculum introduces children ages two-and-a-half to 13 to concepts of engineering, architecture and mechanics using LEGO® Location: 1428 19 Ave NW.
- Calgary Archery Centre – Archery is enjoyable for the entire family, and the archery lanes at Calgary Archery Centre can accommodate archers of every level of experience. There is also 5,000 square feet of retail space for you to browse. Location: 4855 47 St SE.
- Calgary Chinese Cultural Centre Museum – The only museum in Canada devoted exclusively to Chinese culture. Location: 197, 1 St SW.
- Calgary Climbing Centre Chinook –The rock walls at this centre are great for new to expert climbers and with regular route changes, there is always a new challenge. With many training programs and a huge selection of climbing gear to choose from, even the newest climbers will be ready to climb in no time. Location:7130 Fisher Rd SE.
- Calgary Public Libraries – Free children and teen programs available on an ongoing basis. Numerous locations around Calgary, visit the Calgary Public Library website for a full list of locations.
- Calgary Shooting Centre – Expert staff, target shooting training programs and North America’s first Cinema Range make the Calgary Shooting Centre a great place to develop your shooting skills. Canadian Firearm Safety Courses for the Possession and Acquisition License (PAL) are also offered here. Location:7130 Fisher Rd SE.
- Calgary West Soccer Centre – A great place for kids to get some exercise and have fun! Drop ins are welcome, and fields can be booked for parties at an affordable rate. Location: 11014 Bearspaw Dam Rd NW.
- Calgary Zoo –There’s something for the whole family! Whether it’s just enjoying the zoo or the warmth of the ENMAX Conservatory, it’s a different visit each time. Location: 1300 Zoo Road NE.
- Canada’s Sports Hall of Fame – Explore fun, interactive exhibits that promote the importance of sport within our nation’s culture. The 40,000 square foot space has fun activities and is located fittingly on the grounds of Canada Olympic Park. Location: 169 Canada Olympic Road SW.
- Coffee & S’cream – Come and relax at the full service coffee spot with a separate 2,000 square foot play area for parents and tots. Children six months to six years can climb and slide, explore mats and ride around a 100-foot track. Location: 555 Northmount Dr NW.
- Crux Climbing & Bouldering–The Crux is home to one of the tallest indoor climbing gyms in North America. With training programs, drop-ins, event bookings and many more cool programs, the Crux is a great place for climbers of every level.Climbing gear available to rent. Location: 1415 28th Street NE.
- Devonian Gardens – Experience the 10,000 shrubs, 1.5 million pounds of soil and the trees used to re-create this “tropical oasis”. Location: CORE Shopping Centre, 317 7 Ave SW.
- Eaglequest Golf Dome – Where golf is about the fun, not the score! Improve your golf game in a no-pressure environment with tips and tricks from Canada’s pros.Location: 1025 32 Ave NE.
- Esker Foundation – Head to Inglewood to see contemporary art exhibits or join one of the gallery’s workshops or programs. After viewing the art, take some time to appreciate the beauty of the space itself — and have a seat in The Nest. Location: 444, 1011 9 Ave SE.
- Flying Squirrel – Practice your aerial acrobatics, learn how to slam-dunk like a pro, ace your dodgeball skills or test your ninja capabilities. Flying Squirrel truly is fun for the whole family.Location: 572 Aero Drive NE.
- Fort Calgary – Join the ranks of the RCMP when you visit the Fort built in 1875. Location: 750, 9 Avenue SE.
- Fun N’ More – Atwo-level indoor playground structure with climbers, big balls, tunnel slides, rollers, toddler area tree house, plastic toys, small climber with slide and interactive floor mat. Location: 146 13226 Macleod Trail SE.
- Glenbow Museum – ‘Where the World Meets the West.’ Where intriguing stories from Western Canada connect with extraordinary art and artifacts. Location: 130, 9 Avenue SE.
- Grain Academy & Museum – Grain industry education and interpretive centre with model train and elevator displays. Location: Plus 15, BMO Centre, 20 Roundup Way SE.
- Heritage Park Historical Village – Travel back in time to Canada’s largest living historical village. There are over 150 exhibits ready for you to explore. Location: 1900 Heritage Drive SW.
- Hide ‘n’ Seek – For children 14 and under, this massive indoor playground with slides, tunnels, trampolines, ball pits and more, is a fun place for kids and adults alike. Parents can easily navigate through the park for convenient supervision. Location: 49 Aero Drive NE.
- Hop, Sip & Jump Play Café –With a fun two storey climbing structure for the young ones and a tasty breakfast, lunch and dinner menu, as well as a 50 inch T.V screen to keep an eye on the kids, it’s a perfect place to spend the day.Location: 8060 Silver Springs Blvd NW
- Joso’s Play and Learn Centre – Caters exclusively for the fun, entertainment, learning and development of children up to six years. The indoor playground offers a play structure with tunnels, bridges and slides, a ball pit, plasma cars and a baby and me area. NW Location: Unit 100 – 12018 Symons Valley Road, NW. SW Location: Unit 505 – 722 85th Street SW.
Items 26 to 50
- Laser Quest Calgary – Immerse yourself in the entertaining experience that Laser Quest’s courses offer. With many themed events, LQ is your centre for fun.Location: 9950 Macleod Trail Southeast
- Monster Mini Golf – Not your average mini golf course! 18 holes of glow in the dark, monster themed golf and a huge arcade add up to a perfect night of fun. Drop-ins welcome, event and birthday party bookings available. Location:2020A 32 Ave NE.
- National Golf Academy – The Gold Dome is a 50,000-square foot area home to the National Gold Academy, with 33 indoor range stalls, 2 golf simulators and a putting green. There is also a repair and fitting studio.Location: 50 50 Ave SE
- Nickle Galleries – It’s free to visit this museum and you’ll get to explore three galleries that showcase some of the best contemporary art in western Canada. Location: 410 University Ct. N.W.
- Play-A-Latte – Bouncy castles, RODY horses, bouncy teeter totters and climb on structures. Coffee, Tea, sandwiches available for lunches and snacks. Location: 260 Midpark Blvd SE
- Riverside Golf Centre – Golf year-round and receive top-quality golf lessons at the most unique indoor golfing range Calgary has to offer. Riverside Golf Centre is home to 4 HD simulators, 14 stalls and a short game area. Location: 110 Point McKay Crescent NW.
- Rothney Astrophysical Observatory – of Physics & Astronomy, U of C. One of Canada’s largest telescopes patrolling for killer asteroids. Location: 30 km southwest of Calgary, near Priddis (Alberta).
- Royal Tyrrell Museum – See more than 35 skeletons of dinosaurs like Albertosaurus, T. Rex and Triceratops. Journey through time, as different life forms emerge, evolve and in some cases, face extinction. Location: 1500 N Dinosaur Trail, Drumheller.
- Sentry Box – Visit another universe here: this store has books, comic books and plenty of games. The Sentry Box has more than 100,000 different products on its shelves and is dedicated to adventure, gaming, science fiction and fantasy. Location: 1835 10 Ave SW.
- Shakers Fun Centre – Year-round entertainment for the whole family! From laser tag to go-karts, mini-golf, arcade games and more, there’s something for everyone here.Location: 9900 Venture Ave SE.
- Southland Leisure Centre – The Leisure Centres offer a wide variety of programs including swim lessons, sports, preschool fun and more. Location: 2000 Southland Dr SW.
- Speeders – Indoor go-kart track with 50,000-square feet of space for riders of all skill levels. As an environmentally responsible company, all karts are eco-friendly.Location: 58 Aero Drive NE.
- Super Duper Playground – Relax with a cup of coffee while the kids burn off their energy in this open concept play place! Location:2020 32nd Avenue NE
- TELUS Spark, The New Science Centre – Exhibits and programs ignite a sense of wonder and excitement. A place for people of all ages and abilities to let go and embrace the desire to explore and discover science, technology and art in a way that their normal day-to-day life doesn’t allow for. Location: 220 St Georges Dr NE
- The City of Calgary Wading & Spray Pools – The perfect way for all ages to take a break and cool down on those hot summer days. Numerous locations around Calgary, visit the City of Calgary’s website for a full list of locations.
- The Hangar Flight Museum – This museum is all about aircraft and has a collection of warplanes, helicopters, civilian aircraft, jets and gliders. And all the aircraft have played an important part in western Canada's aviation history. You’ll also see a replica of the first airplane to fly in Canada. Location: 4629 McCall Way N.E.
- The Military Museums – At one of North America’s largest military museums, you can follow Alberta’s military heritage from 1885 during the NW Rebellion to present day. Location: 4520 Crowchild Trail SW.
- The Naval Museum of Alberta – Canada’s largest naval museum portrays the history of the Royal Canadian Navy. Location: 1820, 24 Street SW.
- The Shooting Edge–Three different shooting bays with different ranges to accommodate every skill level set this shooting range apart from the others. The Shooting Edge also offers training programs, and sells firearms and attire. Location: 4-510 77th Avenue SE.
- TommyKplay! – Calgary's first class indoor playground and family entertainment centres geared toward kids ages 0 to 12. Southeast Location: 148, 4916 – 130th Avenue SE. Northwest Location: 830, 12024 Sarcee Trail NW.
- Treehouse – Parents can enjoy a relaxing environment while children under 12 play in a 12,000-square foot, clean and safe playground. Birthday party bookings available. Location: 3337 34 Avenue NE.
- Trico Centre – Non-profit, community-operated fitness and wellness centre with activities and programs for all ages. Location: 11150 Bonaventure Drive SE.
- Village Square Leisure Centre – The Leisure Centres offer a wide variety of programs including swim lessons, sports, preschool fun and more. Location: 2623 56 St NE.
- YMCA – YMCA Calgary offers hundreds of programs for all ages. Each YMCA branch offers free drop-in classes for every member of the family. Numerous locations around Calgary, visit the YMCA website for a full list of locations.
- YouthLink Calgary - Calgary Police Service Interpretive Centre – Learn about the role of police in society and the consequences of crime for young people. Location: 5111, 47 Street NE (LC 594).
If You're Looking for an Adventure, Come Check Us Out!
6012 3rd Street SW
Hours of Operation
Wed, Thurs, Sun: 11:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Fri, Sat: 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Have a question? Send us a message!
Located across from Chinook Centre, Arcadia Adventures is Calgary's most exciting escape room experience! With rooms that can be enjoyed by beginners and experienced players alike, we innovate the standard escape room formula with custom made, unique escape adventures you won't find anywhere else. If you're looking for a fun experience with family, friends and co-workers, have an adventure at Arcadia Adventures!